We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Links to books are “affiliate links,” meaning I earn a small percentage when you click through and buy the book. This costs you absolutely nothing extra but helps me keep my cats in the lifestyle they’re accustomed to!
Okay, I distinctly said “Go, Broncos!” not “Blow, Broncos!”.
Life goes on.
Don’t you just love it when researchers and scientists (Redundant? Perhaps.) sort of lap over themselves? Take for example:
- They’ve been telling us for years and years to avoid the sun because of the risk of skin
cancer. They warn that if we absolutely must go outdoors, to by all means wear sunscreen.
- Researchers are now claiming that we’re getting a dangerously low amount of sunshine-induced Vitamin D. They tell us that we absolutely must get our quota of sunshine because it stimulates the cells in our body to produce Vitamin D. They acknowledge that all of the time spent in front of computers, and all the slathering on of sunscreen is causing a deficiency of Vitamin D.
- The National Academy of Sciences’ Institute of Medicine currently recommends that adults get 200 IUs a day of Vitamin D, which the body needs to absorb calcium. Some scientists suggest that we absolutely must get more than this….especially to prevent fractures amongst the elderly. They also point out that a deficiency of Vitamin D could even play a role in cancer, type 1 diabetes, and multiple sclerosis.
- The suggestion of getting extra sunshine is making other researchers nervous. They keep telling us how we absolutely must avoid the sun because even a small amount increases our risk of skin cancer.
- Okay, so there are researchers who say, “To avoid the risk of skin cancer, you absolutely must take a Vitamin D. supplement….”
- “….of course you should know that too much is toxic, so you absolutely must be careful or you’ll poison yourself.”
Sometimes I think the people who do all of these researches are actually in the therapy business and they’re drumming up business by driving us all crazy.
You absolutely must make each moment count double,